We are looking for spectacular team members to sell our academic service solutions to colleges/universities. Focused on selling lead generation services, faculty recruitment, faculty training, program design, curriculum development, instructional design and more, our Academic Partnership Specialists should have previous higher education leadership experience and a commitment to excellence! Existing relationships with institutions are a big plus.
The Babb Group, Inc (TBG) is looking for a self-starter with a passion for bringing quality services to our institutional partners.
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Developing long-term partnerships with Colleges and Universities
- Working hard to meet or exceed annual revenue targets
- Using effective selling skills and product knowledge to work administrators to explain the benefits of utilizing TBG services
- Working with the Senior VP of Academic Partnerships to execute brand strategies to ensure a consistent company sales and marketing message
- Utilizing our CRM platform to track and monitor leads and sales; following up on leads
- Monitoring educational changes that may impact business and drafting white papers and educational forums for decision makers at colleges to inform, educate and sell
- Open communication throughout the organization
- Collaboration to establish goals and implement plans to enhance current skill sets and sales results
- Demonstration of high ethical and professional standards at all times
- Working in a collaborative team environment to ensure the success of the Company, team members and partner institutions! Win, win win. And of course, you will win too with commission checks from your hard work.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- Enjoy working for companies that are highly flexible
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, DropBox, spreadsheet, presentation, & video sharing programs
- Outstanding oral and written presentation skills
- Fun, upbeat personality
- Ability to write and speak persuasively and honestly
- Knowledge and passion for Higher Education
- Experience in networking with decision makers online, in person and on the phone
- Ability and interest in attending local, regional and national conferences
- Masters degree or higher
- Academic and/or business-to-business sales experience preferred
- Previous experience in selling in the education market is desirable, but not required
Mutual Commitments : Our commitment to you and your expected commitment to us:
To work in an honest way, be communicative, be open to suggestions, let your passion and excitement shine through in writing, in person, on the phone. Never let a great opportunity pass by! Always let us know how we can help you be successful. We WANT you to make money! We want to grow our business! We are a company on solid ground with the flexibility of a small business. We take care of our people and we will do that in even better ways as we grow this segment of the company.
We realize it's tough to work commission-only until you get your pipeline built. When you do, we feel confident the high rate of commission (far higher than industry standard) will be very rewarding. We do not expect you to leave your day job! In fact, many day jobs (particularly those in academics or sales) could be beneficial to this job as well, provided it doesn't break any agreements with your existing employers (see our honesty requirement!) We do hope these positions will be full time salary plus commission in the future, but this area of our business is too new to provide that as of now. Hard workers in this division have seen direct financial benefit from their results!
All applications MUST include a cover letter. Applications without cover letters or which do not address the questions below will not be considered. Within the cover letter, please answer the following:
- What made you interested in applying for this position?
- Below are some personality traits that may or may not apply to you. For each trait, please write a number next to the statement to indicate the extent to which you agree or disagree with that statement.
1 = Disagree strongly | 2 = Disagree moderately | 3 = Disagree a little | 4 = Neither agree nor disagree | 5 = Agree a little | 6 = Agree moderately | 7 = Agree strongly
I see myself as:
- _____ Extraverted, enthusiastic.
- _____ Critical, quarrelsome.
- _____ Dependable, self-disciplined.
- _____ Anxious, easily upset.
- _____ Open to new experiences, complex.
- _____ Reserved, quiet.
- _____ Sympathetic, warm.
- _____ Disorganized, careless.
- _____ Calm, emotionally stable.
- _____ Conventional, uncreative.
- What are the top 3 qualities you believe you will bring to the job on day one?
- Do you have a day job you plan to maintain while the work is commission only on contract? If so what industry is it in?
- What did you learn about us from our website?
- Why do you know you can sell? List three methods you will use to do it and be a rockstar!
Job Type: Commission
- Higher Ed Administration Experience (eg. Chair, Director, Dean, VP, etc.): 2 years
- Sales: 2 years