Academic Publication Service: In a partnership with Dawn D. Boyer, Ph.D., award winning business entrepreneur, published author (55 books, 34 on Amazon/Kindle), and experienced educator to offer a unique service to academic educators. Convert your existing academic research and convert it to a book!
The Babb Group, Inc. has partnered with Dawn D. Boyer, Ph.D., award winning business entrepreneur, published author (55 books, 34 on Amazon/Kindle), and experienced educator to offer a unique service to academic educators.
We offer to take your academic research (your copyrighted Master's Thesis, Doctoral Dissertation, Collection of Journal Articles, Informal or Formal Educational Blogs, etc.) and convert those bodies of knowledge and research to a published book that earns you direct residual royalties and income from online direct sales. You supply your manuscript file and Dr. Boyer will convert that scholarly, educational piece into a commercial (lay-person friendly format) publication, which increases your exposure to the world as an educator and helps you earn direct and residual income on sales from your hard work. You invested thousands of dollars in tuition, education, and continuing education, and conducted time-consuming and costly academic research - all out of your pocket.
- When you submit your final dissertation to a university registrar's office just before graduation, you are asked, "Do you wish to make your dissertation available to scholastic databases for access by other researchers and educators?" You most likely checked the 'yes' box. What you have done is allowed another entity to make money on your hard work and scholarly research.
- While a database depository company is making money off your hard work by selling copies of the dissertation to others direct or via subscription service to students and staff of educational institutions, you earn nothing.
- Allows other academics and the general public to more easily find your work.
- Your career-related exposure on the Internet is increased, which we highly recommend to educators, to help dean's and HR find professors to hire.
- You earn royalties on all sales - which are deposited directly into your bank account with no middle man fees between the sales channel and you. No follow up emails asking for more of your hard-earned money!
- You can earn affiliate fees from your book from links on your websites.
- Academics can recommend their own publications to their students in reading lists or required textbook reading(s) to increase sales and royalties, when allowed by the school.
- Potentially increase your 'citations by others' in Google Scholar, increasing your visibility for career advancement and academic recognition.
- Opportunity to publish your full curriculum vitae at the end of the book to increase your visibility to hiring deans and for speaking engagements.
- Published Author on your CV
- After publication of your scholarly work, you can sell your own books at conventions, trade shows, and speaking engagements. You buy at wholesale price, sell at retail price, and earn the difference.
- Complete series of work on an annual basis if you wish
What You Get
- Completed, publication-ready, manuscript file for soft-cover upload.
- Cover design and assistance with marketing pages inside the book.
- Assistance on determining price for the soft-cover book and breakout for potential royalties earned via six different sales channels.
- Your book is available via six sales outlets: Amazon USA, and Amazon UK, and Amazon Europe (Eastern), via printing entity, academic institutions and libraries, and book catalogs.
- Online publication account set up, loaded with your manuscript, and direct royalty deposit account set up for current and future publications.
- Editing, formatting, and set-up by Ph.D. level, APA-style (6th), and marketing savvy expert(s).
- All royalties are paid directly into a bank account of your choice monthly, earnings statements available 24/7, and 1099 form sent at the end of the year for revenue earnings and tax purposes.
- Start earning royalties and income ...
- Start earning a ROI from your research work ...
- Start recuperating the costs of your past tuition ...
- Start marketing your expertise for future academic career opportunities ...
- Start letting your scholastic achievements earn you future and continuing income ...
Conversion for Commercial Publication: provides the following elements: ISBN number, front cover page, copyright declaration, foreword, acknowledgements, chapter (first page) placements, appropriate widow/orphan elements, aesthetic text placement, appropriate font sizing, margins, headers/footers, indexes, appendixes, about the author page, author’s curriculum vitae, advertising/marketing (hotlinks, QR codes), and ‘light’ editing (where warranted).
Formatting Elements and Sizes: Once formatting and editing completed, book is formatted as uploadable file for publishing platforms, following best practice, market, book sizes (minimum of 25 pages):
|Dissertation / Thesis Conversion||(150+ pages)||8.5” x 11”|
|Collection of Journal Articles / Blogs||(with graphics)||6” x 9”|
|Philosophy, Essays, Other Subjects||(limited graphics)||5.5” x 8”|
|Digital Reader Formatting||(digital e-book)||5.5” x 8”|
Dissertation / Thesis Conversion (150+ pages) 8.5” x 11” Collection of Journal Articles / Blogs (with graphics) 6” x 9” Philosophy, Essays, Other Subjects (limited graphics) 5.5” x 8” Digital Reader Formatting (digital e-book) 5.5” x 8”
Signed and executed confidentiality agreement and memo of understanding must be signed before commencing work. Instructions for proceeding will be sent within 24 hours of checkout.
Cover Design – simple cover design (front & back) with author’s copyrighted graphics or photos, public domain images, or editor’s provided design (two alternate designs provided for author to choose from), front cover duplicated on inside title page, or author can submit his or her own cover for use.
Marketing Elements – includes hotlinks for marketing and advertising or career enhancement, as well as QR codes for scanning for POC information and driving readers to business website (URL, Facebook, blog, etc.) – all within the book itself.
Upload file online for softcover book publishing, with direct sales to Amazon and Kindle e-book library (e-book not recommended for dissertations / major research studies because it reduces softcover royalties), with six sales channels for online and catalog sales.
Link the published book directly to author’s bank account for direct deposit of royalty funds. (Will need photocopy of deposit slip or bank routing and account numbers.)
Code and access to online publishing platform to purchase book(s) at wholesale rates. Royalties report for price set point for each sales channel for each online sale (before publication release).
The service implies no warranty for future sales, three days to cancel contract, pro-rated refunds based on work completed.
Have questions? Want a custom bid? Have multiple projects? Contact us!